Cold War Victory Medal

Cold War Victory Medal
Dedicated to the brave men and women of our Armed Forces and their contribution to the anti-communist cause..

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Joint base Langley-Eustis open house and Air Power over Hampton

I attented the open house at Langley Air Force Base on the 14th of May and I must say I was impressed.....The Officers and enlisted personnel of the United States Air Force made me proud to be an American and Veteran of the USAF.......

My brother traveled with me to the Air Show and we had a wonderful time touring various USAF aircraft and talking to the crews......I was able to journey to the flight deck of a B-1 bomber and talk to the aircraft commander...........went into the bomb bay of the mighty B-52 and talked to the commander of that aircraft as well........we talked with F-16 pilots and other pilots of the world's finest Air Force........

We took a tour of a Boeing B17 flying fortress and I was awestruck at this old war bird........we also sat in the cockpit of a C130 J model and talk with its crew as well..........

We also took in the various aircraft that flew demonstrations during the show..........My favorite was the venerable F4 phantom fighter.........capping off the show was a grand performance of the USAF demonstration Team the Thunderbirds..............

I was proud to be there and talk to all the Air Force personell that make it happen.......these young men and woman are impressive.........they make me proud and America proud......my thanks to them all and Godspeed....................

No comments:

Post a Comment